Soulforce Living is ...

...

Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Great Spirit of Wayne

http://www.drwaynedyer.com

     Dr. Wayne W. Dyer made his transition/transformation on August 30th, 2015. The author of, Your Erroneous Zones, has expanded to his next big journey. It was funny, I was watching him promote his new course online in late July and was thinking how he seemed too spiritually enormous to fit into his current Hay House program. As I watched, I could tell this program was just too small. I felt sad for him.  The information he was presenting was excellent but it was his spirit that concerned me. I could tell there was something missing. He was just not able to be fully Wayne. When I heard he had passed on, I was still shocked and saddened. But, I felt so happy for him too. Free at last! He could be his true amazing spirit once again. 

     My dear friend, Rebeca Salazar, who shares my love for Wayne’s work, came to my house and together watched his memorial service on September 18th, 2015. We laughed, we cried and we marveled at the impact this man had on our lives and the influence he had on this planet. However, in my opinion, the memorial was too small for him too. It appeared to me as though nothing in this world could quite encompass all of this amazing being. He was more beautiful than any of us could have ever imagined. Wayne W. Dyer was big! Very Big! As time goes on, we will see more and more clearly the legacy he has left behind.

     Wayne W. Dyer first came to my attention in 1986. A coworker meekly and humbly suggested I read, Your Erroneous Zones. She could see I needed Wayne’s teachings desperately. But my response was, “Wayne Dyer? You have to be kidding,” I scoffed. “He’s so mainstream, so overdone. I read literature,” I protested. As a result of my ignorance and ego, I missed out on an opportunity to change my thoughts and change my life. I remember feeling sorry for my coworker. I looked at her with pity and almost said aloud: “Self-Help books ... and a topic about sex ~ Please!” Like others, I am sure, I didn’t even take the time to correctly read the title of the book!

     Now here it is almost thirty years later and I cannot get enough of this man’s work! My distain, my ASS-umptions, my lack of openness sometimes shock me. I see now that this sort of knee-jerk reaction to something was a clear sign I was off track. I now cast my mind back on that moment in 1986 and imagine that interaction taking place in a new way. I see myself accepting that book my coworker so lovingly offered me. I see myself reading the book and having much to discuss with her. I see how she became an ally and a friend, instead of someone I would not take the time to get to know. Thanks to Wayne, I see clearly how time is not linear. I can now send love to this coworker from so long ago and thank her for showing me something about myself I really was not ready to embrace at that time. I know she feels this love.  In this moment I say, “Thank you.” I send her love.

     My second calling to the teachings of Wayne came in 2001 from my boyfriend at the time. We were watching a PBS Special. My boyfriend, like me, could be very dismissive about mainstream culture. He gently and tenderly asked me to watch Wayne’s program. Who could resist such an offer? The lecture was on how to get what you "Really, Really, Really Want." It was excellent! Together we began watching, listening and reading everything we could get our hands on. We were hooked. I was particularly drawn to the sound of Wayne’s voice. He had the most soothing speaking manner. His lectures were so well done. I began to see Wayne as a real teacher. I could see that Wayne’s teachings were for the ordinary person like me. I now understand that he wanted to be mainstream! He wanted everyone to find their true calling, to hear how to find their life's purpose. 

     Fast forward to 2015, I am currently listening to Wayne read his last work, his autobiography, I Can See Clearly Now. I have this feeling that Wayne’s work has cast me on a bigger and more exciting spiritual journey. My sorry little life has just gotten bigger. To date, I have read: Inspiration – Your Ultimate Calling, and Excuses Begone!; and still I have never read, Your Erroneous Zones! I just gave a copy to Rebeca. I am excited about reading this book now. I suppose I am saving it for a very special time when I can focus on it completely. Maybe I will write about this book in another blog entry. We shall see.

     At the memorial service, Dr. Carolyn Myss referred to Wayne as a prophet and a mystic. Yes, he was both. He grew into a great spirit.  His teachings showed us how to go within and listen. He showed us that ordinary people can be great if we listen to our inner self, that Great Spirit which ceaselessly calls to us night and day. Taking Wayne’s teachings to heart, I am feeling I will stay open to all opportunities and will be careful not let my ego get the best of me. Wayne said ego was an acronym for: Edging God Out. If we are all God, as Wayne suggests, it would be wise to stay humble and say, "YES" to chance opportunities, like someone offering us a book to read out of the blue.

     In closing, I have a feeling if we start to emulate the Great Spirit of Wayne, we will be blessed by learning more about who we really are.  Wayne loved humanity and because of this love, his influence will never die. He gave us all such a gift we never knew we needed so badly. Thank you, Wayne for all your 75 years here on this planet! I am excited about seeing you in your new form. Your loving presence is still with us, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!





No comments: